By Navy Seal Admiral William H. McRaven.
“It matters not whether you’ve ever served a day in uniform. It matters not your gender, your ethnic or religious background, your orientation or your social status. Our struggles in this world are similar. And the lessons to overcome those struggles and to move forward, changing ourselves and changing the world around us will apply equally to all… the little things matter; if you can’t do the little things right, you’ll never be able to do the big things right.” – Navy Seal Admiral William H. McRaven.
If you wanna change the world;
- Start off by making your bed.
- Find someone to help you paddle.
- Measure a person by the size of their heart, not by the size of their flippers.
- Get over being a sugar cookie and keep moving forward.
- Don’t be afraid of the circuses.
- Sometimes you have to slide down the obstacles head first.
- Don’t back down from the sharks.
- You must be your very best in the darkest moments.
- Start singing when you’re up to your neck in mud.
- Don’t ever… EVER, ring the bell.
“Start each day with a task completed. Find someone to help you through life. Respect everyone. Know that life is not fair and you will fail often. But if you take some risks, step up when the times are the toughest; face down the bullies, lift up the downtrodden, and never ever give up. If you do these things, the next generation and the generations that follow, will live in a world far better than the one we live today. And what started here will indeed have changed the world for the better.”
SUNDAY (Large field next to the Community Center)
9:00AM - 11:00AM
THURSDAY (Community center patio, next to heart sculpture)
06:00PM - 08:00PM
Leo J. Ryan Memorial Park
Foster City, CA 94404